Sunday 1 September 2013

Weird

The Arctic Hotel in Iqaluit is decorated with old photos from the fifties of Inuit hunting camps, Hudson's Bay Stores, and so on, scenes of life in the Arctic as it used to be. Sanjay the soundman went off to his room in the Arctic Hotel in Iqaluit to repair one of his cables and discovered this decorating the wall of his room:


It's an NFB soundman, on a shoot in the Arctic in the fifties, sitting in his room repairing equipment. There's a funny coincidence. I immediately checked the walls of my room; there were some old photos from the same period, but no directors. Or bloggers.
I thought that was the end of that, until the next day, when I suddenly realized that just outside my room, there was a picture from the same shoot of .... Doug Wilkinson, the director!
Writing in his diary!


For those of you who are unfamiliar with the term, a diary is an early form of blogging.Weird.
This is the point at which, were I telling you this at a party, I would make a noise like the soundtrack of an old horror film. Sadly, blogging doesn't allow that sort of humour.
Instead, please enjoy this very expressive emoticon:
= O



No comments:

Post a Comment