Monday 22 July 2013

Tortured artist

I'm heading off to Greenland tonight to continue my frigid adventures. The real star of this trip is icebergs, at least we hope so. but I'm also filming a performance with a Greenlandic singer named Nive Nielsen.
http://nivenielsen.com/ 
Since what I really like, esthetically. is to make things unnecessarily complicated, I have decided to subject her to an instrument of torture called a Snorricam. Named after its Icelandic inventor, Mr. Cam, I believe his name is. Or something like that, I forget.
Here is an image of this nefarious device, it's sort of a combination of a corset and the rack. The idea is that the camera is mounted on the performer, so their face remains still while the background moves around them.
Meanwhile my cameraman can enjoy a well-deserved rest. Or go off and film some icebergs.

No comments:

Post a Comment